ScaLe mailing list archives
Kenneth's Comment start here. [...]by
Kenneth's Comment start here.
Last year I was given 7-10 16gig thumbdrives to create installs from iso's.
The is a DRAFT of what I see as a (detailed) process :
1a. Select a distro either Server or Desktop (talk about the difference
and common OS and distros
1b. Burn an iso to a thumbdrive OR Use thumbdrive we provide.
2. Boot (load software to use the hardware) with the thumbdrive, talk
about bios setting ie. Type F9 or F12 for boot menu
3. Verify local Wifi or Ethernet connection
4. Browse to a server, in the room, join, then log your installation. The
server could be http://odoo.com with http://openeducat:org module.
a. create session(s) (either by the hour or 1 before noon and one
afternoon or one for the whole time.
5. Begin your install (work through any issues that come up)
a. determine how long it will take to do the install.
b. browse the applications while it's installing to the hardrive or
another thumbdrive (i think)
6. Browse to server and complete the survey.
I plan to bring 4+ laptops.
Does anyone have a server or could we get a hardware vendor to loan us a
server so we can do in-room cloud server installs using
http://turnkeylinux.org where we Walk them (on a sheet of paper or online)
through apps categorized by:
I also expect to use lean distros including puppylinux and mx17 from